Chartered Institute of Marketing - Professional Diploma in Marketing
Fact: CEE has achieved an 'A' grade in its External Verification report by Edexcel UK for 2009-12.
This qualification is ideal for marketers who are concerned with managing the marketing process at an operational level, as well as those who are looking to build on the knowledge gained at Professional Certificate level with a future marketing management role in mind. The content of the course has been put together following consultation with employers to ensure that they gain relevant competencies for various stages of their marketing career.
The focus moves from the theoretical aspects of marketing towards the many skills needed to manage the function itself – including elements ranging from channel management to communications, along with specialist areas like new product development.
This course will enable the learner to achieve the following skills and knowledge:
Identify the organization’s information needs, scope of research projects and resource capability to underpin the development of a business case to support marketing projects
- Evaluate the role of the marketing planning process and implementation in a range of marketing contexts including organizational strategy, culture and the broader marketing environment
- Develop and manage a brand and product portfolio in the context of the organization’s marketing strategies and objectives
- Recommend how a marketing function should be structured to deliver competitive advantage, marketing and organizational success
- Marketing Planning Process
- Delivering Customer Value through Marketing
- Managing Marketing
- Project Management in Marketing
Students applying for the program would benefit more readily if they meet with one of the following qualifications or experience is recommended as the prerequisite for entry onto the Professional Diploma in Marketing:
- The CIM Professional Certificate in Marketing (either 2002 syllabus or the 2008 syllabus) OR
- Experience in a marketing management role that has provided potential students with ability to be able to demonstrate that they can meet the learning outcomes of the CIM Professional Certificate in Marketing if required to do so and is sufficient to pass the Entry test to Level 6
Note: Entry level is dependent upon the currency and relevance of your qualifications and experience. If English is not your first language, you will also need to provide evidence of at least IELTS 6.5 or Trinity ISE III/IV.
It is possible to qualify within a single academic year studying part time. You will be assessed across the four units using a blend of two basic methods:
- By formal examination
- By assignments such as coursework and case studies that require longer answers and will often be based on various findings and recommendations within your own company (or a company of your choice)
Length of Course
The program is designed to allow the student to complete it in one year part time - i.e. 2 semesters (3 days a week) of classroom study. The student can complete the program at a pace decided between themselves and the student counselor. It is recommended to complete the program in a maximum of 24 months.
On successfully completing the program, students are awarded the Professional Diploma in Marketing issued by Chartered Institute of Marketing, UK . Incase the students fail to complete the entire diploma they can claim certificates for each individual module completed and passed from CIM at an extra charge.
Status of Qualification
Advanced vocational qualification.
AED 16,500/- for the entire program inclusive of Registration, books,
course materials, assessment, evaluations and the final Professional
Diploma. (Note: Students who take more than a year to complete are required to pay additional fees for CIM registration)
How to Apply
Centre for Executive Education
F12-14, Block # 6 Knowledge Village
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Tel: +971-4 390-0990 Fax: +9714 366-4684
Chartered Institute of Marketing, UK
CIM is the world’s largest organization for professional marketers who play a key role in training, developing and representing our profession.
They deliver accredited, practice-based qualifications through UK and international study centre network. And offer industry-proven marketing and sales training courses.
CIM is increasingly recognized by the UK government as the voice of marketing, they set standards within the industry and are the first port of call for marketing information, knowledge and insight.
Being a member of CIM means being a part of something bigger: a community of marketers who exchange ideas and experience. They help their members to continuously improve their skills and knowledge.